If you plan to launch a book, you need an author platform. Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube provide a space for authors to interact with their readers. These kinds of sites let you connect with new fans and turn them into superfans. This webinar pieces together the puzzling aspects of these virtual networking opportunities.
Writers without an author platform must engineer one from the ground up. Essential building materials include community relations, personal branding, and online visibility. Tap into social media to seal bonds between all these different facets. If you don’t see the point of social media, this presentation will help you find a grip and hammer in some of the basic principles. Plus, you get three sizzling hot tips to engage readers on social media.
You’ll find answers to these questions:
- Which social networking sites are key to your platform?
- What are three crucial actions you must take once you sign up for an account?
- How do you stand out in the noisy online crowd?
- If I don’t have anything to say, what do I post?
- Experts tell me, “Don’t post ‘Buy My Book!’.” Is that true?